Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Best method for stopping oil pastel transfer?

I have recently draw a portrait in oil pastel in my sketch book (school project) and have another picture on the other side of the page. When I close the book some of the oil pastel gets onto the other picture and I don't really want that. At the moment I just have a scrap bit of paper in the page but I was wondering if there was a permanent way to stop the transfer from ruining the other picture?


Thanks.Best method for stopping oil pastel transfer?
I have this problem too, I usually put a sheet of tracing paper or tissue paper in between the pages to stop it, and if it's tissue paper you could use a colour that compliments the picture.


I don't think there's anything you can do to the oil pastel picture to prevent it from smudging, hairspray only works on chalk as far as I know, oil pastel is too heavy. Hope this works!Best method for stopping oil pastel transfer?
i have had this problem as well....the last time i bought paper to do oil pastels on the booklet it came in had wax paper between each sheet....i found that was the only way to keep it from transferring when the picture is new......however i have found as the picture ages it will not transfer so easily and become more fixed....hairspray will NOT work ....that only works for chalk and charcoal

No comments:

Post a Comment