Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My car burns a lot of oil, how can I stop this...even temporarily?

It seems to smoke the most once it is warm. I have a can of ';engine tune'; which is supposed to loosen built up crap that could be causing bad seals. Also I have ';no smoke'; basically thick oil in there as well. Is there anything else I can do to help this problem?My car burns a lot of oil, how can I stop this...even temporarily?
Your engine burns more oil when it gets warmed up because the gaps in the internal parts open up as the engine heats up. Unfortunately, there isn't a whole lot you can do or add to your car that will ';fix'; your problem. Once seals go bad, they stay that way until you get them replaced. Sorry, but an overhaul or new engine is about the only fix you can do to stop the smoking.





P.S.


Stop wasting your money in the ';fix-in-a-can'; fluids...they do not work.My car burns a lot of oil, how can I stop this...even temporarily?
these products you mentioned may help some, but wont fix the problems. each of your valves has a seal. the seals loof kind of like an umbrella with the valve stem being the handle. they are meant to heep the oil out of the pistion area. the smoke is oil being burnt off with the gas. new seals are soft and pliable. with age, theybecome hard and nonflexable. small cracks and the stiffness cause the seals to loose their ability to hold oil back. only replaceing the seals will permanently solve your smoking problem.
Drain the oil out?

No comments:

Post a Comment