Monday, July 26, 2010

I have a dodge ram 1500 magnum 2001. My oil pressure gauge drops down to 0 when I come to a stop. Why?

The oil pressure guage dropps down to 0 when I slow the truck down to a stop. Then it seem to recover back to normal. What is the problem? I have also had two oil changes from different places and every time it's done the dipstick reads too much oil is in the truck. Is this related?I have a dodge ram 1500 magnum 2001. My oil pressure gauge drops down to 0 when I come to a stop. Why?
Measure the engine oil pressure with a professional repair shop type oil gage with the engine hot at idle. If it's less than 10 psi on the hottest of summer days at idle, I would double check with the dealer, but he'll probably want to drop the oil pan and replace the oil pump. The car's too new to take a chance on damaging the engine due to low oil pressure. Maybe the power train warranty is still in effect, or maybe there's been a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) out on a low oil pressure problem. Check the link below.


http://www.mycarstats.comI have a dodge ram 1500 magnum 2001. My oil pressure gauge drops down to 0 when I come to a stop. Why?
How many miles on it? Could be just a tired engine. If the oil is OK and not low and it climbs back up when you accelerate, don't worry. It stays up when cold at idle? They all drop when warmed up and at idle. Don't worry, be happy!!~:)=
no last question the engine is worn oil pump worn the engine is probley bad
if there is too much oil in your engine the crank lobes will whip up the oil and it will become foamy like whipping cream then when you press on the brake the oil surges forward and hits an air pocket thus you lose oil pressure, you can check your oil right after you have run your engine to see if it is foam, be sure you have the correct dip stick for your engine, you may want talk to a dodge dealership to confirm if this level (reading too much) is correct. which I doubt very much.
As long as the engine doesnt knock or tick when the pressure is down your fine. If you have over 100,000 miles it could just be engine ware.
It wouldn't be only from too much oil, but it could be a bad oil pump, your gaskets, or the piston rings.
Sounds like the oil pickup tube and screen has came off of your oil pump, same thing happened to my truck! I fixed that by welding my pick up tube to the oil pump. Don't think oil overfill is related, i do my own oil changes.I don't trust oil %26amp; lube places.

No comments:

Post a Comment