Saturday, August 21, 2010

I have a 90'BMW 735il, the ';engine oil pressure light'; comes on when I come to a stop.?

I checked the oil, and its just been changed, and it's full. When I get off the freeway or once the engine is warm, the little sensor light comes on when I come to a stop,then will go off. What could be the problem. The car runs fine, and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it except this light coming on.I have a 90'BMW 735il, the ';engine oil pressure light'; comes on when I come to a stop.?
Some of this 7 series BMW have that problem and it was with the engine light and some with the oil pressure light, there is some ground that is making the light go off, to be on the safe side take the car to a good BMW guy because the dealer will be to much maybe is just a lose wire false contact if you can see the wire or check the manual play with it and see if the light goes on and off i will not take the chance to put 40 or 50 w oil because if your pressure is low you can blow your engine and we R talking a bout a lot of $$$$$ like 6 to 7 for a new engine. i hope this will help you..I have a 90'BMW 735il, the ';engine oil pressure light'; comes on when I come to a stop.?
Oil pressure in an engine changes with the RPM -- the lower the RPM, the lower the pressure. However, if your oil is new and full, you should have enough pressure to not trip the light. There are three possibilities:





1. The sensor that trips the light is bad. Do you have an oil pressure gauge? If so, does it read at least 15-20 psi (1-1.3 bar) when the car is hot and idling? That should be the minimum pressure for an idling car -- 20-30 psi (1.3-2 bar) is better.





2. The oil pump is failing.





3. Use a thicker oil. If you now use 5W-30, switch to 10W40 or even 20W-50. This is a slim possibility but it might help.
there is an oil presseure sensor under the hood, i don't know where it is on your car but it has to be reset thats all. my bmw did the same thing and took to place where i bought my car and it only took 30 seconds to reset!
Well if oil is full and correct, it sounds like an electrical issue, maybe sensor is tripped or ECU issue.
go to the dealer
Go join the site listed below. These guys know BMWs inside out and its a real fun form with tons of how to's and reliable answers for your BMW issues. I visit this site often even if I'm not having any problems with my 525i. There a bunch of fun zany people from around the world. You will have to join to get any answers, but its free. Good luck
  • eye liner
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment