Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Why did my oil leak stop?

I have / had (??) a rear main leak on my 11 year old car.it now seems to have stopped which is a good thing but now my gear changes are getting jerky which is obviously not a good thing! this has happened before so i have topped up with the same grade oil and the leak started again (its only very slight) and my changes were fine again. But, this time, even though I topped up the oil, the leak didnt start again and my changes are still jerky. do i need more oil? what happens if i add too much? do i maybe need an oil change, ive probably done around 3,000kms. anybody have any ideas?





Thanks, id really appreciate any help.Why did my oil leak stop?
U OUTTA OIL!!!Why did my oil leak stop?
with the oil leak you can buy stop leak if its a small leak it will probably stop it if its the oil pan gasket you'll need to pull the engine the jerky gears are probaly the transmission check the fluid while its Ideling and add some fluid if needed your not out of oil like the guy below me if you were you engine would be making a god awfull noise a loud rattlel from a spun rod i did it to my pos mini van
if you rear main oil seal is leaking you more than likely got oil all over the clutch. thats why your having difficulty with getting your gears.
You need to FIND the leak and REPAIR it. You probably have something blocking the leak. It could move at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment