Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What can be added to my engine oil to stop an oil leak of proportionate size. Can't afford an expensive shop!

My car engine is really pouring motor oil from around the rear crankshaft seal. I'm in a major bind because I recently lost my job and can' t afford any automotive shop prices or high dollar repairs. I need to add some type of stop leak and at least slow the blowing out of 2 to 3 qts. of oil a day.


Need some good advice here, otherwise I most likely end up without transportation at all. Please Help Me!!!!!!What can be added to my engine oil to stop an oil leak of proportionate size. Can't afford an expensive shop!
I keep a bottle of Main Sta around for that situation.Found at our local auto parts store and half a bottle added to the oil will make the rubber seals swell permanently.There are other brands too,they seem to be made from brake fluid.What can be added to my engine oil to stop an oil leak of proportionate size. Can't afford an expensive shop!
at that rate of loss, there is not a whole lot that can be added to slow it down. it is just time to park it and make arangements to get it fixed.
  • eye liner
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment