Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I have a 93 bonneville v6,,why does my oil pressure drop at a stop but not while driving?

it doesnt leak oil,coolant or smokeI have a 93 bonneville v6,,why does my oil pressure drop at a stop but not while driving?
Pressure will increase when the engine is working harder and under load. While idling, the engine is not turning as fast, the temperature is less and thus the engine oil pressure will be less.I have a 93 bonneville v6,,why does my oil pressure drop at a stop but not while driving?
the oil sending unit may be going bad on it making the gage read low on it,id try replacing that first,its the cheapest repair you can try right now,and if that don't help it ,you may have an oil pump going bad on it,good luck with it.
my father had a 91 cavalier which did the same thing. Eventually it cause all sorts of problems and he ended up having to sell it for $100 in lieu of another car (because he could not just keep it there since my grandma would not allow it). But I can tell you that his car leaked coolant and quickly ran out of it.
another problem may well be as simple as a leaking or disconnected vacuum hose.
oil pump

No comments:

Post a Comment