Monday, August 23, 2010

I have a 2000 volkswagon beetle and my oil lite keeps beeping while i'm driving, but not when i stop,help!

I get regular oil changes and all I hear is that I may need a new o ring, or that it could be the sensor,bottom line nobody seems to know and the beeping is driving me mad. I don't want to be taken advantage of as I have already give the dealership over $1'000.I have a 2000 volkswagon beetle and my oil lite keeps beeping while i'm driving, but not when i stop,help!
I would be willing to bet VW hasn't changed much since the early 90's. I own a '92 Jetta that did that same thing and scared the hell out of me the first time the buzzer went off. I noticed the engine still ran fine with no noise though. There are 2 sending units, a primary for the light or gauge, and a secondary on the head for the buzzer. replace them both and you should be happy again.I have a 2000 volkswagon beetle and my oil lite keeps beeping while i'm driving, but not when i stop,help!
It also sounds like you need to run an electrical diagnostic that you can get at any auto shop (it should cost $60-100). That should let you know or rule out any electrical problem versus a mechanical problem. It's all about process of elimination.
bust the oil light. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment